Here are my lists of Forex Trading systems and strategies that I’m currently using to trade in my LIVE accounts. I will use one LIVE account for one strategy. If I trade 3 different strategies, I will use 3 different account. The reason I do this is for me to keep track of the strategies performance easily.
Early 2013, I realized that I could actually hedge a few forex EAs against each other, and I named it Automated Trading Portfolio. Here are my very strict criteria when come to Forex EAs selection:
- There is LIVE account (either from vendor or traders; to prove that it is still profitable)
- I will personally backtest the EAs on my preferred brokers (to prove that it is consistently profitable regardless of any market condition; at least over the past 5 years)
- Not the scalping EAs (Not at this moment as I realized they’re very broker dependent. They need to be placed on brokers’ perfect trading environment to get the optimum profits. I know it is out of my control and that’s why I do not trade scalping EAs)
The forex strategies that I’m using now is under the “Currently Using” section, whereas the strategies that I have been used before and already stop using now will be in the “Already Stop Using” section.
1. Fap Ultra (EA – The LIVE trading account results sounds very promising and trying to backtest now)
1. Simplepips System (Manual system)
2. Forex Growth Bot (EA)
Already Stop Using:
1. The London Forex Rush System (Manual system – Not profitable in my testing with forex broker I use, Alpari UK)
2. London Forex Open (Manual system – I am not able to monitor the trade consistently)
3. Simplified Turtle System (Manual system – The drawdown is big, up to 60% or more)
4. Forex Rebellion (EA – Too much of repaint)
5. Million Dollar Pips (EA – Recently seem doesn’t so profitable, it need to be run on very stable VPS with at most 600ms modify time. Besides, the broker must have extremely low ECN spreads, very low commission and have fast execution with no requotes. Otherwise, your profits will be eaten)
6. Forex Morning Trade (Manual system – Does not work any more)
Want to try using, but end up didn’t:
1. Forex Thor (EA – They didn’t send me the trial key for testing of their demo trial version and get no response from their customer service). Their myfxbook account already stop trading.
2. Euro Daily Trader (EA – Their demo version could not loading at all and get no response from their customer service). Their myfxbook account already stop trading.
3. Forex Hacked (EA – Their myfxbook account experienced 97.25% drawdown (as seen on 02/03/2013)
4. Forex Envy (EA – It is a martingales and a little bit more hassle for me as need to set up on 14 charts to monitor)
5. Fap Turbo (EA – I do not prefer scalping EA, as it need to be run on very stable VPS with at most 600ms modify time. Besides, the broker must have extremely low ECN spreads, very low commission and have fast execution with no requotes. If you’re running it on a fixed or variable spread brokers, you’re asking for trouble)